Blueberry Cream Scones Recipe
Blueberry Cream Scones
Serves 16 scones
- 5 cups Cairnspring Pastry Flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) cold butter
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp whipping cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- Coarse sugar to sprinkle over top
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix pastry flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in medium bowl.
- Cut butter into 1/2-inch cubes, then cut into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add blueberries and blend lightly.
- Mix 1-1/2 cups of the whipping cream and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture into flour/butter/berry mixture, mixing with fork until dough begins to form, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to counter top. Knead lightly until dough comes together into a slightly sticky ball, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Divide dough into two balls. Flatten slightly and cut each ball into 8 wedges. Place scones on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining 2 Tbsp cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Scones may be mixed and shaped, placed on parchment lined sheet, then wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight. Move directly from refrigerator into preheated oven.
- Recipe developed by Jerilyn Brusseau, used with permission by Metropolitan Market
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 16 servings)
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 390 mg
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.