Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Triple Chocolate Brownies
Makes 16 (2 inch) brownies
Like the name says, these brownies are rich with three types of chocolate. We like to add nuts and a bit of espresso powder but for chocolate purists they work just as well without the additions
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (60%), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, pecans or other nut of your choice, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, butter an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Place butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until melted. Remove saucepan from the heat, whisk in cocoa powder and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, and espresso powder until the mixture is pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in the flour, chocolate chips, and nuts with a wooden spoon until incorporated
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, transfer to the oven and bake until brownies are just set, about 25 minutes. Allow brownies to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 16 servings)
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 80 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Outstanding brownies! the espresso powder is a nice touch. i toast the nuts before adding. ”