Almond Cake with Whipped Cream and Balsamic Berries Recipe
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, more to taste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar, more to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Metropolitan Market All-Occasion Almond Cake (Bakery)
- Combine berries, 1 tablespoon or more granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Toss gently. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes or until berries release some of their juices. Berries can be prepared up to a few hours ahead of serving; cover and chill.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters before whipping the cream for best volume. Place cold cream and confectioners’ sugar in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer to form soft peaks.
- To serve, place cake on a platter. Spoon whipped cream into center of cake. Top with berries. Cut into wedges.
- Cook’s Tip:
- In place of homemade whipped cream (heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar), you can use Isigny Sainte-Mère canned whipped cream.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 43 g
Saturated Fat: 21 g
Cholesterol: 220 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 65 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 46 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.