Almond Cake with Whipped Cream and Balsamic Berries Recipe
Almond Cake with Whipped Cream and Balsamic Berries
Dessert is a “piece of cake” when you start with our All-Occasion Almond Cake! Just add fresh berries, enhanced with balsamic, and whipped cream for a beautiful and delicious summer presentation. This cake is not too sweet, so it can be served for brunch as well as an after-dinner dessert.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, more to taste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar, more to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Metropolitan Market All-Occasion Almond Cake (Bakery)
- Combine berries, 1 tablespoon or more granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Toss gently. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes or until berries release some of their juices. Berries can be prepared up to a few hours ahead of serving; cover and chill.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters before whipping the cream for best volume. Place cold cream and confectioners’ sugar in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer to form soft peaks.
- To serve, place cake on a platter. Spoon whipped cream into center of cake. Top with berries. Cut into wedges.
- Cook’s Tip:
- In place of homemade whipped cream (heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar), you can use Isigny Sainte-Mère canned whipped cream.