Apple Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 6 medium-large medium-large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry topping ingredients.
- Add melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir with a fork. Set aside.
- Mix apples with, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and zest, and spread in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over sliced apples. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or crème fraîche.
Ratings and Reviews
“Really yummy, and easy to double or triple to feed a crowd. try using honeycrisp apples for something truly amazing. ”