New York Strip Roast Recipe
New York Strip Roast
New York strip loin is a succulent, elegant roast. You can simply rub it with coarse ground black pepper and salt, or make our fresh herb and garlic rub. Want leftovers for sandwiches? Use a seven-pound roast and multiply the seasonings by 1 1/2.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (combine parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme) or 3 Tbsp dried herbs
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (4 to 5 lb) boneless beef NY strip loin roast
- With food processor running, drop garlic through feed tube into processor bowl; blend until finely chopped. Add herbs, oil, salt, and pepper; process until paste forms.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover; chill for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast meat 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast meat until instantread thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about additional 35 minutes (or 140°F for medium, about 40 minutes). See Cook’s Tip. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on platter.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Out of a concern for safety, the USDA recommends cooking whole cuts of beef to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Ratings and Reviews
“Timing was off, but delicious ”
“Delicious- but the cook time was much longer than stated - about a total of 75 for medium rare. ”
“I loved the recipe but the cooking time here was far too little. i ended up having to cook it for about 75 minutes before getting to medium rare. so it was an excellent dinner, but about 45 minutes after i had planned it.”
“This was so simple and absolutely delicious. ”