New York Strip Roast Recipe
New York Strip Roast
New York strip loin is a succulent, elegant roast. You can simply rub it with coarse ground black pepper and salt, or make our fresh herb and garlic rub. Want leftovers for sandwiches? Use a seven-pound roast and multiply the seasonings by 1 1/2.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (combine parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme) or 3 Tbsp dried herbs
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (4 to 5 lb) boneless beef NY strip loin roast
- With food processor running, drop garlic through feed tube into processor bowl; blend until finely chopped. Add herbs, oil, salt, and pepper; process until paste forms.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover; chill for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast meat 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast meat until instantread thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about additional 35 minutes (or 140°F for medium, about 40 minutes). See Cook’s Tip. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on platter.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Out of a concern for safety, the USDA recommends cooking whole cuts of beef to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 1020 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 42 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“The herb paste was fantastic! just right for a 4 lb roast, though the cook time took much longer - could be my oven. this is why using a meat thermometer is always a good idea! thx for the recipe, will make again and again.”
“Timing was off, but delicious ”
“Delicious- but the cook time was much longer than stated - about a total of 75 for medium rare. ”
“I loved the recipe but the cooking time here was far too little. i ended up having to cook it for about 75 minutes before getting to medium rare. so it was an excellent dinner, but about 45 minutes after i had planned it.”
“This was so simple and absolutely delicious. ”
“My sister made this yesterday for christmas dinner. it came out tasting so good. very flavorful. i highly recommend this. ”