New York Strip Beef Roast Recipe
New York Strip Beef Roast
New York strip loin is a succulent, elegant roast. You can simply rub it with coarse ground black pepper and salt or make our fresh herb and garlic rub. Want leftovers for sandwiches? Use a seven-pound roast and multiply the seasonings by 1 1/2.
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh herbs (combine flat-leaf parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 boneless beef New York strip loin roast (4 - 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. This can also be made in a food processor.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 1 day ahead.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast until a probe thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 additional minutes (For medium, cook until 140°F, about 40 minutes).
- Remove roast from oven. Allow to rest 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into thick slices.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 1020 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 42 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“The herb paste was fantastic! just right for a 4 lb roast, though the cook time took much longer - could be my oven. this is why using a meat thermometer is always a good idea! thx for the recipe, will make again and again.”
“Timing was off, but delicious ”
“Delicious- but the cook time was much longer than stated - about a total of 75 for medium rare. ”
“I loved the recipe but the cooking time here was far too little. i ended up having to cook it for about 75 minutes before getting to medium rare. so it was an excellent dinner, but about 45 minutes after i had planned it.”
“This was so simple and absolutely delicious. ”
“My sister made this yesterday for christmas dinner. it came out tasting so good. very flavorful. i highly recommend this. ”