Miche Tartine Recipe
- 2 slices Skagit Valley Miche bread, or other whole-grain artisan bread
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Oil (recipe follows), pesto or pizza sauce
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1/2 ball Metropolitan Market Mozzarella, sliced
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto, Salami or Speck
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 375°.
- Place bread on a sheetpan in oven and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Brush bread with Garlic Oil or spread on a thin layer of pesto or pizza sauce. Top with tomatoes, peaches, cheese and strips of prosciutto.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, top with basil and a sprinkle of salt, cut and serve.
- Garlic Oil:
- Heat 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 1 smashed garlic clove in a small pan on the stove until warm. Or warm in a microwave-safe bowl for 15 seconds in the microwave oven.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Check the Metropolitan Market Olive Bar for other topping ideas: roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, capers, olives, or tapenade.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Fat: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 1130 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 25 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.