Miche Tartine Recipe
Satisfy that pizza craving with a Miche Tartine: Top toasted slices of our artisan Skagit Valley Miche bread with your favorite toppings and heat till the cheese is melty.
- 2 slices Skagit Valley Miche bread, or other whole-grain artisan bread
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Oil (recipe follows), pesto or pizza sauce
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1/2 ball Metropolitan Market Mozzarella, sliced
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto, Salami or Speck
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 375°.
- Place bread on a sheetpan in oven and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Brush bread with Garlic Oil or spread on a thin layer of pesto or pizza sauce. Top with tomatoes, peaches, cheese and strips of prosciutto.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, top with basil and a sprinkle of salt, cut and serve.
- Garlic Oil:
- Heat 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 1 smashed garlic clove in a small pan on the stove until warm. Or warm in a microwave-safe bowl for 15 seconds in the microwave oven.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Check the Metropolitan Market Olive Bar for other topping ideas: roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, capers, olives, or tapenade.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Fat: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 1130 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 25 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.