Grilled Corned Beef and Irish Cheddar Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Corned Beef and Irish Cheddar Sandwich
Corned beef and cheddar cheese make a yummy warm sandwich. Use rye or your favorite bread. Multiply the recipe to make more sandwiches.
- 2 slices rye or other firm bread such as Como or Poilane
- Mustard, mayonnaise or combination
- 2 to 4 oz corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Irish cheddar or other cheese, sliced
- 1 to 2 thin slices sweet onion or your favorite pickled onions
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Lettuce and/or sliced tomato (optional)
- Place bread slices on a cutting board. Spread mustard on each slice. Top one slice with cheese, corned beef and onion.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add sandwich and cook, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese melts. Carefully open sandwich and add lettuce and/or tomato, if desired. Serves 1.
- To make in a panini grill: Preheat panini grill. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Place slices, buttered side down, on a board. Spread mustard on one or both slices. Add cheese to both slices to help toppings meld together. Add corned beef and onion. Close the sandwich. Cook in a preheated panini grill according to manufacturer’s directions. Carefully open sandwich and add lettuce and tomato, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 1 servings)
Fat: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 21 mg
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 1170 g
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 33 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.