Penne with Spinach and Bacon Recipe
- 1 package (10 oz) Metropolitan Market bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Marinara or Arrabbiata Sauce
- 1 package (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Penne Pasta
- 1 package (about 5 oz) baby spinach leaves
- Fresh grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, till golden brown. Remove from heat. Drain off excess fat, reserving bacon in pan.
- Stir in Marinara or Arrabbiata sauce, cover and warm over low heat.
- While sauce warms, cook penne. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water as package directs.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Add hot cooked penne and spinach to skillet with bacon and sauce. Stir to blend well and wilt spinach. Thin sauce with some of the reserved water, if needed.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese.
Ratings and Reviews
“What's not to like? i used fresh spinach added some broccoli too. ”