Einkorn Salad with Spring Greens and Herbs Recipe
Einkorn Salad with Spring Greens and Herbs
We love the nutty chewiness that cooked einkorn, an ancient grain which is a type of farro, adds to this salad of fresh spring greens and herbs. We recommend Bluebird Grain Farms einkorn, a local product grown in Winthrop, Washington.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup dry einkorn or farro, cook according to package directions
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 small to medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked, cooled einkorn with remaining salad ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk in olive oil.
- Just before serving, add dressing to salad and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Cook's Tip:
- Einkorn or farro takes 30 to 60 minutes to cook. You can shorten the cooking time by soaking it for an hour first. Drain and cook as directed for approximately half the time, until the grains are soft and chewy.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings, salt and pepper to taste not included)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 15 mg
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.