Eggs in Shakshuka Recipe
Eggs in Shakshuka
Serves 3 to 6 (1-2 eggs each)
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings:
- Plain Greek yogurt, crumbled feta cheese, fresh cilantro or parsley
- Place a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sauce and bring to a simmer. Adjust heat to keep just below a simmer. With back of a large spoon, make six indents, evenly spaced, in sauce for eggs. Crack an egg into each “dip.” Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper, as you like.
- Cover skillet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and crusty bread, hot rice, or another cooked grain.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 430 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 9 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.