Roasted Delicata Squash with Black Garlic and Miso Recipe
Roasted Delicata Squash with Black Garlic and Miso
Enhance the sweet flavor of delicata squash with a savory, umami-rich seasoning paste of black garlic and miso. Remember, you don’t have to peel this variety of winter squash, just seed, slice, and cook. Look for black garlic, peeled and ready to use, in our Produce Department.
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 delicata squash, about 1 lb, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 large cloves black garlic
- Cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the black garlic with the back of a fork to form a paste. Mix in the miso, olive oil, honey, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Add squash and onion and toss to coat.
- Spread squash-onion mixture on parchment-lined pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.