Steamed Salmon Chinese Style Recipe
- 1 can (4 oz) vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 heads baby bok choi, thickly sliced
- 2 salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour broth into a wok or shallow pan. Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, Chinese five-spice powder and all the vegetables. Bring to a simmer.
- Place salmon fillets on top of the vegetables and cover with a lid or sheet of foil. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Taste the broth, seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into warm bowls and serve.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To make the dish more substantial, serve with rice or egg noodles.