Best Berry Crisp Recipe
- BERRY FILLING:
- 6 cups blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, or a mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- CRISP OAT NUT TOPPING:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, hazelnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish (such as an 8-x-11 1/2-inch or 9-x-9-x-2-inch).
- In a medium bowl, combine berries, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to blend well. Spoon into buttered pan.
- In a separate bowl stir together oats, flour, granulated and brown sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter and nuts, mixing well. Sprinkle over berry filling.
- Place pan on a baking sheet to catch drips and place in center of oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm or cool with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Cook’s Note:
- When berries aren’t in season substitute a 2 lb bag of Metropolitan Market frozen Blueberries, Berry Blend or Raspberries and increase the all-purpose flour in the filling to 1/2 cup.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 68 servings)
Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 240 mg
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 40 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Search no further; this is the crisp topping you want!”