Farmhouse Marionberry Cobbler Recipe
- Fruit Filling:
- 6 cups fresh or frozen marionberries or 3 each marionberries and chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Saigon cinnamon (or your favorite cinnamon)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup apple juice
- Reserved berry juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Cairnspring All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Filling and Sauce:
- 1. Combine fruit, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside one hour, then drain and reserve juice.
- 2. Place honey and cornstarch in saucepan. Slowly whisk to a smooth paste. Gradually add apple juice plus one cup reserved fruit juice.
- 3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick and clear, 4 to 6 minutes
- 4. Stir berries into thickened sauce. Pour into 9-inch oval cobbler dish or 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a small bowl, whip the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and beat again until fluffy and light.
- 3. Stir in flour and baking powder and beat until well blended.
- 4. Scoop topping in 1-inch dollops over prepared fruit. Dollops should barely touch. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
- 5. Bake 40 to 50 minutes in preheated oven until topping is nicely browned and fruit juice is bubbling. Remove from oven, cool slightly. Serve with heavy cream or ice cream.
- Recipe developed by Jerilyn Brusseau, used with permission by Metropolitan Market
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 68 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 135 mg
Carbohydrates: 72 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 56 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.