Fruit Packets Recipe
These fruit packets are a fun way to serve dessert on a camping trip or at your next cook-out. Each foil packet serves two people – make them smaller if you want each person to create their own fruit packet.
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 medium peaches, nectarines, or a combination, pitted and sliced
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Crumbled Metropolitan Market Triple Ginger Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400° F. (Or preheat grill.)
- Cut 4 pieces of foil, each a 12-inch square.
- Put fruit slices in center of each square. Top each with 1 Tbsp butter, cut-up. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup marshmallows; you may add other toppings, as you like. Bring up two opposite sides of one foil square and fold together over fruit. Place packets on two large baking sheets.
- Bake or place on grill over a hot fire for 10 minutes, until packets puff, fruit is hot and gives off juices, and marshmallows melt.
- Place packets on small plates. Carefully open each packet and enjoy. Serve with pound cake, cookies, or over ice cream, if you like.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Sprinkle fruit with ground cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar before topping with butter and marshmallows.
- Vary with Berries: Replace plums with a handful of blueberries or raspberries. Or make a mixed, all-berry blend with a variety of berries (slice or halve strawberries if using).
- Adult Treat: Add a tablespoon of your favorite fruit liqueur or brandy before folding packets.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Does not include optional ingredients.)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 100 mg
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 25 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.