Peach Chutney Recipe
Yield 1 cup
Here's another delicious way to use the best peaches in town! This easy chutney is delicious with our Grilled Indian-Style Chicken Skewers — and we highly recommend it as an accoutrement with a cheese board.
- 1 lb Peach-O-Rama peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (approximately 2 oz)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, very finely chopped or shredded with a microplane
- 1/3 red jalapeño chopped, more if desired
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut the peaches into 1-inch pieces and place in a small stainless steel (non-aluminum) pot. Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 3/4 cup water; simmer until peaches start to break apart. In a separate sauce pan, heat vegetable oil and add onion, ginger, and jalapeño. Sauté for a couple of minutes and set aside.
- Press cooked peaches with a potato masher or blend slightly; add them to the onion mixture and cook until the mixture reaches a jam consistency (8-10 minutes), adding more water if needed. Add the vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Taste and adjust with salt and sugar, as desired.