Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Strawberry Freezer Jam
Not into canning? Try your hand at this healthy and super-easy freezer jam. It's a great use of fresh seasonal berries. It's wonderful for breakfast: spread toasted bread with goat cheese or butter and top with jam (we recommend rounding out the experience with a cup of hot coffee and your favorite book). In the evening, serve it alongside a simple cake or with your favorite ice cream.
- 1 lb strawberries
- 2 - 4 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water or rose water (optional)
- Rinse strawberries, remove tops, and cut into quarters. You should have around 3 cups.
- Place berries in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Roughly crush berries (you can use a potato masher, a heat-safe cocktail muddler, or an immersion blender).
- Reduce heat, add 2 Tbsp of honey, and orange blossom water (or rose water). Mix and taste, adding more honey, if desired.
- Cook, stirring often, until thickened (additional 20 minutes).
- Let it cool completely and transfer to a freezer-safe container. You can keep it refrigerated for a week and frozen for up to 6 months. Defrost before serving.