Strawberry Frosé Recipe
- 1 750ml bottle Metropolitan Market Rosé
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Pour rosé into a shallow metal or glass 13- x 9-inch baking dish and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Due to the alcohol content, it won’t freeze solid.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, heat over medium stirring until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate simple syrup until cold.
- Combine simple syrup and berries in a blender, spoon in frozen rosé and puree until smooth. Serve immediately or store the blender pitcher in the freezer until ready to serve. Re-blend until slushy if made ahead.
- Cook’s Note:
- Add 1/2 cup mint or basil leaves to the simple syrup after removing from the heat. Infuse syrup for 30 minutes, strain through a fine mesh sieve and refrigerate until ready to use.