Citrus and Lentil Salad Recipe
Citrus and Lentil Salad
Mix various types of oranges and other citrus for beautiful color and flavor contrast. Remove the peel and pith and supreme the citrus segments for a restaurant-style presentation.
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups peeled, chopped citrus such as navel, cara cara, blood oranges, and grapefruit
- 1 cup torn radicchio leaves, plus 6-8 large leaves for serving
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-cured olives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice, more to taste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, more to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a large saucepan with lid, combine 2 cups water, lentils, bay leaf, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, leaving lid slightly ajar, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but still hold their shape. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once lentils have cooled, transfer to a large bowl along with citrus, torn radicchio, red onion, olives, and salt. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle orange juice and olive oil over all and toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings. If made ahead, cover and chill.
- Serve over spinach leaves.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 540 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 10 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.