Bacon-Wrapped Dates Recipe
This classic three-ingredient hors d’oeuvre is always a hit!
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market bacon
- 8 dates
- 2 oz blue cheese (optional)
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pre-cook the bacon: Cut 4 slices of Metropolitan Market bacon in half, crosswise. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microcook on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes to pre-cook.
- If using cheese, cut a slit in each date, and put in about 1 tsp of blue cheese. Close the date. Wrap one piece of bacon around each date. Secure each with a skewer.
- Place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings, does not Include optional cheese)
Fat: 1.5 g
Saturated Fat: .5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 90 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.