Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market bacon
- 8 dates
- 2 -3 oz blue cheese (optional)
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pre-cook the bacon: Cut 4 slices of Metropolitan Market bacon in half, crosswise. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microcook on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes to pre-cook.
- If using cheese, cut a slit in each date, and put in about 1 tsp of blue cheese. Close the date. Wrap one piece of bacon around each date. Secure each with a skewer.
- Place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is browned. Serve warm.