Makes enough sauce for 12 oysters.
This classic oyster accompaniment is quick and easy to make. Shallots and peppercorns are standard but feel free to play with the acid, almost any vinegar will do except balsamic due to its color. The shallots will mellow in the vinegar so this sauce is best made an hour or two in advance.
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar, sherry vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely diced shallot
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns, finely crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl serving bowl, stir well.
- Serve spooned over freshly shucked oysters.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 40 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 0 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.