White Cheddar Cider Fondue Recipe
White Cheddar Cider Fondue
Try this super-easy fondue with sliced apples and steamed veggies for an appetizer or as a simple meal with your favorite green salad. Serve with more of your favorite hard cider! Thanks to our friends at Darigold for this yummy recipe!
- 1 lb shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup hard cider
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 5 cups lightly steamed mixed vegetables, (like baby potatoes, cauliflower florets and Brussels sprouts)
- 2 apples, cut into pieces
- 4 cups crusty bread cubes (1-inch square)
- Add cheddar cheese and flour to a mixing bowl; toss to coat and set aside
- Combine the cider, garlic and mustard in a fondue pot and bring to a simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the garlic and gradually add the cheddar cheese by the handful, stirring until all cheddar is melted and mixture is smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Place over the fondue pot warmer and stir occasionally, adjusting flame as needed.
- Serve with the vegetables, apples, and bread.