Apple Cranberry Crisp Recipe
Apple Cranberry Crisp
Blend our Met Market Cranberry Sauce with sliced apples and a buttery oat topping for a sublime holiday dessert. Blend sweet and tart apples for balanced flavor. Sneak leftovers for breakfast!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch or two of salt
- 3 1/2 lbs (10 cups) baking apples*, peeled, sliced
- 1 jar (12 oz) Metropolitan Market Cranberry Sauce
- *Such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Gravenstein, Cameo, Braeburn, Rome Beauty, or Jonagold
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter or oil a 9-x-13-inch baking pan.
- To make topping, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar and oats. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender, two knives or clean hands (or pulse in a food processor) till butter is the size of small peas. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and cranberry sauce. Blend well. Spread in baking pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until top is a rich golden brown and apples are tender. Cover with foil during last 10 minutes if topping is over-browning.
Ratings and Reviews
“Simply delicious! loved the cranberry addition to this fall classic!”
“I love this, its so easy and yummy. i made it last yea, wa glad to find the recipe on line. i followed the recipe and served it with whipped cream. ”