Apple Walnut Crostata Recipe
- 2 large baking apples (1 lb), peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 homemade or ready-to-use frozen or refrigerated pie crust (for single crust pie)
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, nuts, flour, salt, and vanilla. Toss to blend well.
- Gently press ready-to-use pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate (or roll homemade dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle and fit into plate).
- Spoon apple mixture into center of piecrust. Sprinkle butter pieces over filling. Fold up sides of pastry and pat down around edge of filling, pleating to fit and form an edge to hold apples and juices.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges. Add a scoop of your favorite vanilla or caramel ice cream, if desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Baking apples that hold their shape during cooking include Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Gravenstein, Honeycrisp, and Braeburn.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is an easy and great recipe, well received by all. i like that it only has one crust as filling is of mega importance to me. i toast the walnuts prior to adding, 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.”