Holiday Pears with Sabayon Cream Recipe
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Marsala, Champagne, or Riesling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears
- Chopped toasted pistachios or small sugar cookies
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and Marsala in a heat-proof bowl, whisk to combine. Place bowl over simmering water, ensuring bowl does not touch the water. Whisk continuously until the mixture doubles in volume, thickens and registers 175°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes.
- Remove bowl and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool, whisking occasionally.
- While sabayon cools, combine heavy cream and remaining 1 Tbsp sugar in a medium bowl. Whip cream until soft peaks form. With rubber spatula, fold cream into cooled sauce.
- Slice pears in half, remove core and stem and slice each half into thin slices.
- Pool a generous spoonful of sauce onto the bottom a dessert plates, fan sliced pears on top of sauce and garnish with chopped nuts.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 245 mg
Sodium: 20 mg
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 29 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.