Holiday Pears with Sabayon Cream Recipe
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Marsala, Champagne, or Riesling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Metropolitan Market Holiday Pears
- Chopped toasted pistachios or small sugar cookies
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and Marsala in a heat-proof bowl, whisk to combine. Place bowl over simmering water, ensuring bowl does not touch the water. Whisk continuously until the mixture doubles in volume, thickens and registers 175°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes.
- Remove bowl and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool, whisking occasionally.
- While sabayon cools, combine heavy cream and remaining 1 Tbsp sugar in a medium bowl. Whip cream until soft peaks form. With rubber spatula, fold cream into cooled sauce.
- Slice pears in half, remove core and stem and slice each half into thin slices.
- Pool a generous spoonful of sauce onto the bottom a dessert plates, fan sliced pears on top of sauce and garnish with chopped nuts.