Spiced Apple Autumn Cakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 6 Tbsp room temperature butter, plus 2 melted butter to grease the pan
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple, grated & cored
- Drizzled Frosting:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 -5 tsp milk or apple juice
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Brush cakelette pan with about 1 tbsp melted butter.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Combine butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with a hand mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and mix in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold in the apples. Spoon about 2 tbsp batter into each cup of the cakelette pan. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Carefully remove cakelettes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool. To make second batch, wash the pan, brush with melted butter, fill with batter and bake as directed.
- To frost cakelettes, place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Whisk in vanilla and just enough milk to make a frosting of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cakelettes.