Zabaglione with Seasonal Fruit Recipe
Zabaglione with Seasonal Fruit
Zabaglione is a silky, warm Italian custard sauce, also known as sabayon in French. The luscious sauce comes together quickly enough to make on a weeknight but is impressive enough for a dinner party. The sauce works well with any fruit.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Marsala, Champagne, or Riesling
- 1 cup berries or sliced seasonal fruit
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala in a heat-proof bowl, whisk to combine. Place bowl over simmering water, ensuring bowl does not touch the water. Whisk continuously until the mixture doubles in volume, thickens and registers 175°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes.
- Serve at once spooned over berries.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is way easier than i thought it would be. yum!”