Salmon with Mushroom-Marsala Sauce Recipe
- 4 Alaska salmon fillets, 4 to 6 oz each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala or sherry wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 dry thyme
- 2 Tbsp cold butter
- fresh thyme sprigs, garnish
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and tilt pan to coat evenly. Add salmon fillets and cook, turning once, until almost cooked through. Remove fillets to a plate.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, mushrooms, and shallot to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are golden. Add flour and stir to combine. Stir in Marsala and simmer, adjusting heat as needed, until reduced by 1/2. Add broth and thyme. Return to a simmer and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/2.
- Return fillets to skillet and spoon sauce over each. Heat until fillets are hot and cooked though.
- To serve, remove fillets and place on serving plates. Stir 2 Tbsp butter into sauce. Spoon mushroom sauce evenly over each. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.