Spiced Orange-Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Spiced Orange-Cranberry Sauce
Makes about 3 cups, 9 (1/3-cup) servings
Make this easy cranberry sauce up to three days ahead. Bring sauce to room temperature before serving.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 inch piece ginger root, sliced crosswise into coins
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except orange zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue to cook until cranberries have popped and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and ginger. Stir in zest, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or transfer to a covered container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 9 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 26 g
Protein: 0 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“The best cranberry sauce ever !!!”