Roasted Carrots with Chana Masala Recipe
Roasted Carrots with Chana Masala
Rustic roasted carrots paired with fragrant chana masala, a classic Indian chickpea and tomato curry, make a creative side dish for your holiday table.
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp neutral-tasting oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 10 oz Chana Masala (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 Tbsp chopped carrot-top greens, flat-leaf parsley, or cilantro
- Position oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If carrots are thick, slice in half lengthwise. Place carrots on parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with brown sugar, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss to coat and spread out evenly.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until soft and browned, turning once after 10 minutes.
- While carrots roast, heat the chana masala. If it’s too thick, stir in a splash of water.
- To serve, place roasted carrots on a platter or 4 plates. Spoon chana masala over the top or alongside. Garnish with chopped carrots tops or herbs.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Find ready-to-heat chana masala in the grocery department.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: .5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 490 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 5 g
Total Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.