Holiday Pear and Fennel Salad Recipe
Holiday Pear and Fennel Salad
The Metropolitan Market Holiday Pear is so ripe and soft that we suggest serving it atop a salad. This elegant and easy recipe showcases the pear on a bed of arugula and thinly sliced fennel with nuts and cheese. Get everything ready, then assemble at the very last minute.
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups arugula or other baby salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh fennel bulb (See Cook’s Tips)
- 2 ripe Holiday Pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or gorgonzola
- For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside or cover and chill until serving time.
- For salad: In a medium bowl combine arugula, fennel, and half the walnuts. Add half of dressing and toss to blend well. Place salad on salad plates or a large platter.
- Top with sliced pears, the remaining walnuts, and cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Use a mandoline to cut fennel into thin (about 1/16-inch) slices. If desired, marinate fennel in the salad dressing for 15 minutes before adding remaining ingredients.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 540 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.