Cardamom Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Recipe
Cardamom Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread
Makes 2 Dozen
2021 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winner
Submitted by Natalie U.
"These cookies are the epitome of a jolly holiday! Crushed pistachios and chopped cranberries add a pop of festive color while cardamom offers a unique spiced flare. These unassuming slice-and-bake shortbread cookies are sure to impress. Enjoy with hot tea and good company." – Natalie U.
Enjoy classic buttery shortbread cookies all dressed up for the holidays. Be sure to plan time for the dough to chill for at least an hour, or up to overnight. See all five 2021 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winners.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted pistachios)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cardamom, and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar on low speed until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and creamy. Mix in vanilla. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture until just combined. With a sturdy spoon, stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into two equal pieces. Roll each into a 6-inch log. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- To bake cookies, preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap one of the chilled logs and place on a cutting board. (Keep the other log chilled until ready to slice and bake.) With a sharp knife, slice logs into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place the slices, 1 inch apart, on the lined baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until very light-golden brown. Gently transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container or freeze.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 24 servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 25 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 5 g
Added Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.