Cinnamon Bread French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf Metropolitan Market Cinnamon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut the bread into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet large enough to hold the bread in a single layer.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour over the bread, coating each piece. Turn slices over and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes, turning slices over 2-3 times to ensure even absorption of the egg mixture.
- Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with oil and fry the slices, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 130 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 14 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.