Linzer Cookies Recipe
makes approximately 30 cookies
2020 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winner
Submitted by Shannon L.
The addition of lemon zest in the Linzer dough adds some freshness that complements the jam. – Shannon L.
A holiday classic done perfectly: buttery, sweet, and beautiful to behold. See all five 2020 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest Winners.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups hazelnut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam, preferably low or no sugar
- powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, hazelnut flour, cinnamon, and cloves; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in egg yolks, one at a time, and lemon zest. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Form dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap or parchment, and chill for 1 hour.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. With 2-inch round pastry cutter, cut out dough circles. Gather scraps of dough, roll, and repeat. (If dough becomes soft, chill briefly before cutting.) To make cookie tops to show the jam filling, use a 3/4-inch pastry cutter to remove a circle from the center of half of the dough circles. Place cookie tops and bottoms on prepared sheet.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are light brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Once cool, fill cookies by spreading about 1/2 tsp of jam in center of solid cookies. Sift powdered sugar over cookie tops (with the peekaboo holes). Place sugar-dusted cookie tops on jam-covered cookies.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 30 servings)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 50 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This recipe was easy to follow and delicious. ”