Middle Eastern Mezze Recipe
Middle Eastern Mezze
Looking for an easy entertaining idea? Try mezze — the Middle Eastern tradition of serving a collection of small savory dishes. It’s all about casually sharing good food with family and friends. Enjoy it as an appetizer or light meal — or add one or two of our recipes listed below to make it a full dinner. You can mix, match, and customize the ideas we’ve provided to fit your group. For four people, we recommend choosing two dips and three nibbles plus pita bread along with one of the recipes.
- Choose from the following:
- Baba Ganoush
- Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad (find it in the Prepared Foods Department)
- Metropolitan Market Pita Bread
- Herbs and Seasonings (optional)
- Olive oil
- Cook any or all of the following recipes:
- Tamarind-Glazed Eggplant
- Kofte (Turkish Meatballs)
- If you are preparing one or more of the suggested recipes, make them ahead of time to be ready for your mezze.
- 30 minutes before serving, plate the dips and nibbles.
- Warm the pita bread and cut into wedges.
- Pour olive oil in a bowl and sprinkle with za’atar or sumac, as an accompaniment.
- Place everything on the table at once for everyone to enjoy.