Tacos Gobernador (Shrimp and Poblano Cheese Tacos) Recipe
Tacos Gobernador (Shrimp and Poblano Cheese Tacos)
Makes 8 tacos
Take your taste buds south of the border with these tasty tacos named for a Mexican governor who loved the flavorful combo. No shrimp? Try boneless chicken thighs.
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 white onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 poblano peppers, seeded and sliced or chopped (2 cups)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined.and cut into bite-size pieces if large
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash or two chipotle powder
- 8 small (6-inch) low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 lb shredded Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onion, sauté for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add poblano and tomatoes to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes or until pepper softens. Add shrimp and chipotle. Cook for a minute or two, just until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm.
- To make tacos, place one tortilla on a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-to medium-high heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. When cheese melts, add a spoonful of warm shrimp filling and fold in half. Place on a warm platter while preparing remaining tacos.
- Serve warm, with lime wedges.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Protein: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
NetCarbohydrates: 8 g
Total Fat: 16 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.