Roasted Bone-In Leg of Lamb Recipe
Roasted Bone-In Leg of Lamb
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 (5-7 lb) bone-in leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Metropolitan Market Lamb Rub
- To season lamb, rub olive oil, followed by lamb rub, over entire leg. Let sit at room tem-perature for 30 minutes, or cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- To roast lamb, preheat oven to 450°F. Place lamb, fat side down, on a rack set over a roasting pan.
- Roast lamb for 15 minutes or until browned. Turn lamb over, fat side up. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Return lamb to oven and continue to roast for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is done as desired (see Cook’s Tip).
- Tent lamb with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Slice lamb across the grain (perpendicular to the bone) and place on a warm platter.
- Serve with Yogurt Mint Sauce and Two Pea Hazelnut Salad, if desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Chefs often remove lamb from the oven when the internal temperature is 130°F (rare) to 135°F (medium-rare to medium); the temperature will continue to rise as the meat rests. For food safe-ty, the USDA recommends cooking lamb to an internal temperature of 145°F.