Kids’ Pasta with Ham Recipe
Kids’ Pasta with Ham
Serves 2, easy to double
This simple pasta dish makes a great lunch for the little ones — and big ones. It’s easily customizable with the addition of shredded cheese and any veggies you would like.
- 4 oz Metropolitan Market Macaroni or Penne Pasta (1/4 box)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 slice of ham (1/2 inch thick), diced
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil or butter, more to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding peas 1 minute before the pasta is done. Drain.
- Place drained pasta in a bowl. Add ham. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Add more olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, as needed.
- Cook’s Tips:
- Add 1/2 cup diced cheddar, Jack, or other favorite cheese.
- Save about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water when draining the pasta. Toss a few Tbsp of the water with pasta along with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 1170 mg
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 3 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.