Maple Candied Bacon Recipe
Maple Candied Bacon
MAKES ABOUT 1 DOZEN
As if another reason was needed to enjoy eating bacon, here’s a version that is great to snack on, crumble over salads, and even use on desserts. You just can’t beat the sweet-salty, crisp-chewy, deliciousness that is candied bacon!
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bacon slices in single layer on large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and dab bacon with paper towels to remove rendered fat. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and maple syrup. Spoon half the mixture over bacon slices. Turn bacon over and cover with remaining syrup mixture.
- Return pan to oven and cook 15 minutes or until bacon is golden brown. Flip bacon every 5 minutes for even cooking. Transfer bacon to parchment paper to cool.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 1 servings)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 610 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 14 g
Protein: 15 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.