Mediterranean Beef and Salad Pita Recipe
Mediterranean Beef and Salad Pita
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped, or olive tapanade
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- 1 cup cucumber
- diced tomato
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings. Add lettuce, cheese, dressing and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef salad mixture.