Einkorn Broccoli Slaw Recipe
Einkorn Broccoli Slaw
Courtesy of Bluebird Grain Farms.
- 1 cup Bluebird Einkorn
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 cups thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup julienned or shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 - 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the einkorn in a medium saucepan with 1-1/2 cups of water and salt to taste and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Simmer until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- While the einkorn is cooking trim the broccoli. Cut the florets into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Peel the stems and thinly slice, then stack and cut into thin strips. Bring a small pot of water to a boil and throw in just the florets. Cook 1 minute, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain well and transfer the florets and the stems to a large mixing bowl. Add the cabbage and carrot. When the einkorn is tender, drain well and add to the mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the einkorn mixture. Toss and taste for seasoning. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 95 mg
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.