Rosemary-Seasoned Oven-Fried Potato Wedges (Jo Jos) Recipe
Rosemary-Seasoned Oven-Fried Potato Wedges (Jo Jos)
3-4 as a side dish or 6-8 as an appetizer
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large) Yukon Gold or fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Rosemary Spice Seasoning:
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 2 tsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tsp dried, crumbled
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, or crushed Panko
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- To serve:
- Feta Kale, Beet Walnut, or other prepared dip from the Metropolitan Market Deli or mayonnaise flavored with garlic or sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise. Place halves, cut side down, on board. Slice lengthwise into 1/3- to 1/2-inch wedges. Toss with 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil (For crispier potatoes, see cook’s tips)
- Combine ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl.
- Dredge potatoes in the seasoning and arrange in a single layer on prepared sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are sizzling and golden brown. To promote more crisping, use a spatula to turn wedges over halfway through. Serve warm with dip of choice.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To streamline last-minute prep, cut potatoes ahead of time and place in a bowl of cold water. Chill. Drain well before using.
- For crispier potatoes: Place potatoes in a saucepan with 1 1/2 quarts water and 1 tsp sea salt (2 tsp kosher). Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Pat wedges dry on a towel.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 690 mg
Carbohydrates: 45 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 10 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.