Classic Potato Salad Recipe
Classic Potato Salad
Here's the potato salad everyone remembers from summer picnics and barbecues. Of course, there are many variations. Feel free to add a spoonful of dill relish or finely chopped red bell pepper for color.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Add cold water to cover potatoes by one inch. Bring to boil over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Spread on large sheet pan to cool.
- While potatoes cool, whisk mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar in bottom of large salad bowl, until smooth. Stir in eggs, celery, onion, and parsley. Gently stir in cooled potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 440 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.