Bacon & Egg Baskets Recipe
Bacon & Egg Baskets
Instead of bacon, try Metropolitan Market Prosciutto or Bayonne de Jambon, a prosciutto-like cured pork from southern France. A deli team member can slice it for you. Special diet friendly: Whole30, Paleo, Keto (1g carbs)
- 4 Metropolitan Market Organic Eggs or U-Pick Eggs
- 2 Tbsp chicken bone broth
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Coconut Oil or Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon (cured without sugar), crumbled
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Break eggs into a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Warm the broth and 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven for 10 to 15 seconds or until the oil is melted. (Or heat in a small saucepan on stove.) Whisk in yeast and pepper.
- Add broth mixture to eggs and whisk until blended.
- Coat four (1/2-cup) ramekins or other baking molds with remaining coconut oil or olive oil. Sprinkle bacon and thyme into ramekins, dividing evenly. Top with egg mixture, dividing evenly. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, in ramekins or inverted onto plates.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 190 mg
Sodium: 230 mg
Carbohydrate: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 10 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.