Fish en Papillote Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds firm, white fish fillet, skin removed and cut into 6 equal portions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon wasabi paste
- Quick Pickled Vegetables
- Ginger-Turmeric Seasoning Paste:
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated, peeled ginger root
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric or 2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, stir together ingredients for seasoning paste. Add fish fillets and turn to coat all sides. Marinate a maximum of 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and wasabi paste. Taste and adjust to preference. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut six sheets parchment paper into 12x15-inch rectangles.
- Place one fillet in center of a parchment sheet. Lift opposite long edges of paper to meet in middle above fish. Fold edges together in a double fold. Flatten packet and twist each end 2 to 3 times, in direction of fold. (It will look like a large piece of wrapped hard candy.) Repeat for each fillet.
- Place wrapped fillets on large baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes. Open one packet and test fish with a fork; flesh should be opaque throughout. Cook an additional minute or two if necessary.
- To serve, place packets on plates and cut open. Top each fillet with a spoonful of wasabi mayonnaise and pickled radish, carrots, and onions.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 910 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 16 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.