Fish en Papillote Recipe
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb firm white fish fillets, without skin, cut into 6 pieces
- To serve - 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- Ginger-Turmeric Seasoning Paste:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp ground turmeric or 2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1/8 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- Quick Pickled Vegetables:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp honey, optional
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips (3/4 cup)
- 2 - 4 red radishes, cut into thin julienne strips (3/4 cup)
- 1 large shallot, peeled and cut into strips (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- To make the seasoning paste, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add fish fillets and turn to coat all sides. Set aside to marinate for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- To make the pickled vegetables, combine vinegar, honey, and water in a medium bowl. Stir to blend. Add carrot, radish, and shallot strips. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. To wrap the fish, cut six sheets of parchment paper into 12x15 inch rectangles. Place one fillet in the center of the first sheet lengthwise. Lift the two opposite long edges of the parchment to meet in the middle above the fish; fold the edges together in a double fold. Flatten the packet and twist each end 2-3 times, in the direction of the fold. (It will look like a large piece of wrapped hard candy.) Repeat for each fillet.
- Place the wrapped fillets on a large baking sheet. Roast in oven for 15-17 minutes or until fish is done. (Open one packet and test fish with a fork–flesh should be opaque throughout.)
- To serve, place packets on plates, cut open. Top each fish fillet with a spoonful of wasabi mayonnaise and pickled vegetables.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 910 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 16 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.