Penne Pasta with Vodka Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Metropolitan Market Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 box (8 oz) Metropolitan Market penne pasta
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan, Asiago, or Pecorino cheese, grated, divided
- Place a medium, deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Stir in vodka and tomato sauce and simmer over low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm while cooking pasta.
- Cook penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup water. Drain.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Toss with tomato sauce, basil and 1/2 cup cheese. Add pasta water if needed.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.