Greens & Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 lb. (1/2 box) Metropolitan Market Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 - 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (packed) kale leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 3 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 4 ounces Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water as package directs.
- While pasta cooks, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter melts. Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Stir in kale, followed by spinach. Cook and stir for a minute or two, until greens begin to wilt. Remove from heat. The greens will continue to cook from the heat of the pasta.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add the hot pasta to the skillet with the vegetables. Sprinkle with goat cheese and toss until cheese melts and forms a creamy sauce, adding a splash or two of reserved cooking water, if needed, to thin sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook’s Tips:
- Nutty: Just before serving, toss pasta with 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Prosciutto or Bacon: Add 4 slices of slivered Metropolitan Market Prosciutto or crumbled, cooked Metropolitan Market Bacon, just before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Does not incluse salt and pepper or parmesan topping)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 230 mg
Carbohydrates: 73 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 19 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.