Amaretti-Stuffed Peaches Recipe
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled*
- 3 Tbsp fine amaretti cookie crumbs** (4 cookies)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 2 Tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or crème fraiche, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peaches on cutting board, cut in half, remove and discard pits. Scoop out about 1 tsp of flesh from the center of each peach half to make a small cavity for the filling. Chop the scooped out flesh and place in a small bowl. Add cookie crumbs, almonds, and liqueur to bowl with chopped peach and mix well.
- Place peach halves cut side up in a buttered baking dish
- Add egg white to a medium bowl and whisk until foamy. Sprinkle in sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in cookie crumb mixture. Mound filling into cavities of each peach half.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is puffed and golden.
- Transfer to dessert plates and serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or crème fraiche.
- Cooks Tips:
- *To peel peaches, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop peaches in water and simmer until the skins begin to split, 45 to 60 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer peaches to a bowl of ice water. Once cool enough to handle, slip off skins and discard.
- **To make cookie crumbs, whirl in a food processor or seal cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 2.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 16 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.