Marinated Cannellini Beans, Fennel, Pistachios and Arugula Salad Recipe
Marinated Cannellini Beans, Fennel, Pistachios and Arugula Salad
- 1 can (15-oz) cannellini or other white beans, (1 3/4 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped or sliced
- Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette
- Zest of half an orange
- 5 oz (7-8 cups) arugula, mâche, or other baby greens
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachio nuts
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, fennel, red onion, 1/2 cup Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette, and orange zest. (Can be made a day or two ahead of time; cover and chill.)
- To serve, spoon bean mixture with dressing into bottom of salad bowl. Add 2 additional Tbsp vinaigrette, greens, and pistachios. Toss gently, adding more vinaigrette as needed. Garnish with an extra sprinkle of orange zest.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Omit the beans for an elegant green salad.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 420 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 10 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.