Pork Medallions with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb, cut crosswise into 1-inch slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 12 oz shredded Brussels sprouts (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, optional
- Season pork slices on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and onion. Cook, stirring often, until both are soft and tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples and raisins, cover with lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until apples are hot and crisp-tender. Remove from heat and stir in honey, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and return to the stove over medium-high heat; add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add pork slices to the skillet in a single layer; cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sprout-apple mixture onto a platter or individual plates. Arrange pork slices over apples and vegetables. Serve warm.
- Cook’s Tips:
- If you can’t find ready-to-use shredded Brussels sprouts, purchase 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts and shred with a box grater, mandoline slicer, or in a food processor.
- Add 4 slices cooked, chopped bacon to Brussels sprout-apple mixture before topping with pork.